Sunday, February 13, 2011

CROCKPOT Beef and Noodles - a recipe

By far, this has become one of my most requested recipes when I am hosting a party for family....not always by a birthday girl or boy BUT by my nephews!  I think this is what won my title as 'Favorite Aunt' with my nephew L.  He has been asking for about a week for 'Aunt Sue's beef and noodles' so tomorrow he will be surprised when I bring him leftovers!

Here's how I do it:

6 quart crockpot
4-5 pound roast (MUST have leftovers!!!)
1-2 packages onion soup mix
carrots
1/2 cup dark soda
Extra wide Egg Noodles

Place the roast in the crockpot.  Add carrots (as much as you desire, whole or baby whatever.  Today I used about 6 whole carrots and left them whole) and then sprinkle soup mix over the whole mixture.  Add to the side 1/2 cup of dark soda.  Put lid on and cook on LOW for AT LEAST 10 hours!  When its almost done I will cook separately on the stovetop my noodles, using water NOT any broth from the meat.  To combine I will not only shred the roast but also cut into smaller chunks.  I have to use my large roaster to do all this so I put the meat and carrots in, add the noodles on top and THEN add broth to all of it and mix really well.  I then put the lid on the roaster and let sit for a good 10 minutes before serving to let everything get happy together.

My typical side dishes for Beef and Noodles are Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Pasta Salad and Green Salad, sometimes Sweet hawaiian rolls.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment