Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Crockpot Applesauce

Its that time of year that apples are everywhere in all variety of flavor and color.  My kids always talk me into buying MANY varieties and some they eat, some end up sitting a little and get soft.  With those soft ones I make crock pot applesauce!

I LOVE that it takes all day and makes the house smell SO yummy!  I'm sure most know how to do this, but for those who don't.....

6-8 apples - (whatever you like, all 1 kind or a variety like i make), peeled and chopped into medium dice
cinnamon to taste
1-2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 cup water, apple juice/cider

dump all together in your crock pot and let go on low all day for about 6 hours OR high for 4.


I like to serve mine with either Redi Whip or Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment