Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chicken Azteca

I got this one from my online mommy group.  All the mommies in this group have their children born in November 2004.  Its great to know that most of us are still together in some way.  This is my first time trying this one, but I can already tell its a keeper...

Chicken Azteca

2 15oz can black beans, drained

4 cups frozen corn kernels
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 tsp. ground cumin
2 cups chunky salsa, divided
10 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 8oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
cooked rice
shredded cheddar cheese


1. Combine beans, corn, garlic, cumin, and half of the salsa in slow cooker.
2. Arrange chicken breasts over top. Pour remaining salsa over top.
3. Cover. Cook on high 2-3 hours or on low 4-6 hours.
4. Remove chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Return to cooker.
5. Stir in cream cheese. Cook on high until cream cheese melts.
6. Spoon chicken and sauce over cooked rice. Top with shredded cheese.

******EDITED:  we just ate and it WAS good, not spicy enough for us...ok well me.  it COULD use a little kick.  so maybe a small can of mild green chilis OR a little chipotle in adobo or a medium salsa

1 comment:

  1. Susan,
    Enjoyed reading your blog. I grew up down the street from you on Veach. I saw you on Nancy's FB and wondered if you were indeed, one of the Lewinski's I lived near! When I read in your blog about Uncle Gary, I knew you were. I never met you, as I was already married and having my 1st baby when you were born, but knew your sister Debbie and brothers Dennis and Steven.
    I feel bad that you are having probs with your family relationship, but remember, that sometimes our families don't always "fit" us. It's not like we choose them. And like there are some people you would not be friends with, there are family members you are not friendly with. Families are a complicated issue.
    Question? When you speak of your Nonna, are you referring to Grandma Gratti? Just curious. Loved her cookies with annisette in them!! Well, keep the faith and keep sane. Your kids are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete