Friday, November 26, 2010

Broccoli Salad

I was asked to make something different for Thanksgiving in addition to the Pasta Salad, my famous Garlic Mashed Potatoes and a few other things.  I was torn between a Crockpot recipe for Brussel Sprouts and Broccoli Salad.  In the end the broccoli salad won!  I will definately make the brussel sprouts soon though!  I wasn't sure how my picky family would like the salad but its another winner hands down!  It will be yet another recipe requested for family get togethers.....MUCH easier and faster to make then the pasta salad so I definately won't mind.

Broccoli Salad

Broccoli (i filled up my medium tupperware bowl full, maybe 3-4 cups)
Golden Raisins - handful
Sunflower seeds - handful
Bacon (i used real bacon pieces so no extra cooking for me!) - again a handful

Dressing:

Mayo
1 Part Vinegar to 2 parts sugar (i used 2 tsp vinegar and 4 tsp sugar)

I mixed the dressing in bottom of bowl then started cutting in the broccoli and then adding in the rest of ingredients.  I stirred and then shook it around. Refridgerate for at least 2 hours before serving.


LOVED THIS DISH!  It wasn't 'dressed' enough for me so I need to work out with more of the dressing mixture.  You could add onions to the dish but I don't think i would like them in there so I left them out.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment