Sunday, January 30, 2011

RECIPE REVIEW: Tamale Pie

Tamale Pie. I LOVE tamales hands down.  When I was preggo with #4 I went to the local Tamale restaurant and had at least 6 of them 3 or 4 times a week.  When I saw this recipe I was excited!!!  I've said I was going to make this for weeks on end and FINALLY did it.  This is the recipe I found for tamale pie,

I DID adapt it slightly.  It looked similar to my normal chili recipe covered in corn meal, so thats what I did.  I made my normal chili (using LOTS of veggies and 2 cans of kidney beans and a 4 ounce can of green chilis) and then went ahead and made the corn meal.

I thought it was YUMMY!  I did my own screw ups on my chili and somehow made it TOO spicy for the kids but they still ate it.  The corn meal topping was NOT enough in my opinion.  I need to learn how to use it in cooking to adjust it to my liking.  The kids gave it mixed reviews, not liking the corn meal, but i think with a little cheese it could be a winner.  This is definately a keeper recipe though!

No comments:

Post a Comment